Joe Riggs from Redemption Whiskey Shares His Classic Old Fashioned Recipe
Redemption Rye Classic Old Fashioned Recipe
Joe Riggs has easily one of the coolest jobs in the world representing Redemption Whiskey as brand ambassador.
Although Joe currently enjoys the honor of working on Redemption’s brand, he got his start in the world of craft whiskeys as a mixologist – which lead to a chance encounter at the Manhattan Cocktail Classic with the founder of Redemption Whiskey.
And as they say, the rest is history.
Joe’s Classic Old Fashioned Recipe
Joe uses Redemption Rye for his take on a classic Old Fashioned with a twist from the east.
Check the recipe below:
- Redemption Rye
- Simple Syrup (1-1 sugar & water)
- Start with chilled mixing glass
- 2 dashes of bitters
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 2 oz Redemption Rye
- Fill with ice and stir
- Drain into a chilled cocktail glass (add 2-4 cubes of ice)
- Add lemon zest by squeezing lemon peel (also rub around rim)
- Repeat process with orange peel
- Using a toothpick, add garnish combining cherry, lemon & orange peel and serve